GovAssist is not associated with any U.S. federal, state or local government agency nor does it represent any U.S. Embassy or Consular Office. Our mission is to assist travellers through the US Visa procedures and help them understand their options and avoid unnecessary and/or avoidable delays.

The time it takes to get a US visa depends on the purpose of travel, the location from which you are applying, and a variety of personal factors.

Our team helps you avoid common mistakes and gather all the necessary supporting documents to get you through your U.S. visa journey as efficiently as possible.

You should apply as soon as possible, as the Covid-19 situation is subject to frequent variations. Your personal consultant will monitor the openings for your nearest embassy daily to make sure you are the first informed whenever an opportunity arises.

If you decide to wait with your submission, it is probably just going to get you further down the list if a backlog occurs.

It depends on the local embassy’s policy for third-party nationals. If you are a resident in the country where you wish to apply, you should in most cases be able to apply without any issues. If not, it may still be possible - your personal consultant can help you understand the applicable conditions and how your situation fits in.

Again, that will very much depend on your personal situation. If you qualify under a National Interest Exception, you might still be allowed to enter the U.S.

Even if you only plan to transit through the US for a very short period of time, you will need to obtain a C-1 Transit visa (or an ESTA, if you qualify for one).

You will need to provide evidence of intended departure from the U.S. within a maximum of 29 days after your arrival.

Certainly.. Our team has extensive experience with different student visas, for applicants from across the globe.

Be aware that you must already be enrolled with an accredited academic institution in the U.S., and have obtained your SEVIS ID in order to be eligible for a student visa.

We provide consulting and assistance for the B1 Business visa, which is granted for the purpose of attending a conference, settling estates, or negotiating contracts - but it does not allow the bearer to seek employment in the U.S.

If you plan to seek employment in the United States, our team is equipped to guide you on the best possible immigration paths at your disposal.

The B1 visa is a visitor visa intended for a temporary stay, therefore you are not allowed to accept permanent employment or work in the United States during your stay.

In case you wish to apply for a change of status during your stay, you will need to prove that any opportunity for employment you have encountered was spontaneous, and that you did not travel to the US to seek employment with premeditation..

Never travel to the US under false pretenses - this could lead to serious consequences with immigration authorities, including getting blacklisted.

In case you intend to work as a personal employee or domestic worker on a B1 visa, you will need to obtain an EAD (or work permit). Your employer needs to be either a U.S. citizen permanently residing abroad, or a legal alien with nonimmigrant status, such as B, E, F, H, I, J, L, M O, P, or Q.

If you are not really sure how your situation fits in, speak to our team to understand exactly what your options are.

If you don’t know anyone in the U.S., or don’t know at which address you will be staying, you can state the locations and activities that you are planning.

When applying for a tourist visa, if you know where to stay but haven’t made the booking yet, you can still provide your planned lodging address and make the booking later.

For student visas, you should always use the address of the educational institution at which you have been enrolled.

For transit and crewmember visas, you should state the name and address of the airport or port through which you will make your transit, as well as your vessel registration, flight number or call sign, as applicable.

Our team pro-actively checks the Embassies’ and Consulates’ schedules, and can assist in booking the next available interview date for you as soon as one is available.

Be aware that before being able to schedule the interview, the MRV fee needs to have been settled.

Expedited appointments may be granted in the following scenarios:

  • You need to travel due to an immediate relative’s death, a grave illness, or a life-threatening accident that occurred in the United States. You will be required to provide the name, relationship, place, description of the situation, and contact information for the attending physician or funeral home.
  • You or your minor child need urgent medical treatment.
  • You are an applicant for a student or exchange visitor (F/M/J) visa and your I-20 or DS-2019 has an earlier date than the first available visa appointment. Getting an expedited appointment would enable you to travel to the United States before your course starts.
  • You need to attend an urgent business meeting or conference that occurs within 10 days after the first available visa appointment.
  • You need to make an unexpected visit that is of significant cultural, political, journalistic, sporting, or economic importance within 10 days after the first available visa appointment.
  • You are a citizen of a Visa Waiver Program country and your ESTA has been denied.

If you are younger than 14, or over 79 years of age, you won’t have to attend an interview.

For the rest, under the Visa Interview Waiver Program certain other applicants may not require a face-to-face interview at the Embassy or Consulate, for instance if you are renewing an existing visa.

Your personal advisor can help you understand the requirements for your specific situation.

In order to check for interview dates, you will have to create and log-in to your embassy account.

If your previous visa expired less than 48 months ago, you may qualify for the Visa Interview Waiver Program, and you probably won’t need to go through an Embassy interview. Instead, you must post your documents physically to the U.S. Embassy via an authorized courier service. After the consular review is completed, your passport will be sent back using the same courier.

Your dedicated immigration advisor is with you at every step of your visa renewal application, including assistance with safely renewing your visa through an authorized courier.

Some thoughts from our clients