What is a U.S. Transit Visa?
Transit visas are issued for people travelling through the U.S. on a short layover on the way to another country, or for crew members travelling as passengers to join the aircraft or vessel they will be working on. Even if you need to enter a U.S. airport for half an hour, you will need to obtain a transit visa prior to travelling to the U.S.
The standard requirements for a transit visa are relatively simple. However, most people realise they need to get a U.S. transit visa just shortly before their flight. Transit visa requests may face substantial delays because of incomplete data provided, long waiting lines in certain countries, or interview mishaps. Having a dedicated travel & immigration consultant by your side can streamline your visa journey and speed up the steps.
Conditions for a U.S. Transit Visa
If you requested a transit visa, you will need to:
- Have a valid passport. The validity end date should be at least 6 months after your intended period of stay.
- Intend to enter the U.S. temporarily for transit travel.
- Have a common carrier ticket or transportation arrangements to your onward destination, no more than 29 days after your intended date of entry in the U.S.
- Have permission to enter another country upon departure from the U.S. (i.e., a visa, entry permit or waiver).
- Have at your disposal enough funds to cover your travel, accommodation, and other expenses while in the U.S.
- Have a copy of your current employment contract (if travelling to join a ship crew).
Some thoughts from our clients
Majdi El Refai
Sadiya offered a professional support and continuous follow up. She is a great lady and very professional. Frankly speaking, I heard about your institution from my colleague and now I can confirm he is right. I will also recommend your institution to my network in UAE as many of them need such help and support. Best Regards Majdi
Good day. I thank Edgar for the patience he had with me. The truth is that today's times to make a Visa are not normal, and despite that he was always very present. Excellent attention from him.
Peter Mucheru Matheri
Everything was very smooth and the services were very fast. There were no long queues and no congestion’s at the embassy. The atmosphere was very friendly.
Mario Jose Medal Zuniga
I am more than glad. It was an excellent service. Fully recommended.
Jésica has been lovely, highly attentive, hands on and responds quickly and accurately. Thank you to everyone who assisted and keep safe.
Very fast and the information provided assisted in queries that I need to know.
Excellent and immediate response by Cynthia, a continuous and immediate update, help for any need. It was a pleasure.
Excellent service. Prompt efficient and did exactly what was promised. Very responsive to questions.
Jose Contreras Barahona
Expedited and professional service, from Mr. Lugo, a collaborator interested in my visa update process being a success.